Saturday, October 29, 2011

Let Them Eat Cake

Last night. Well, last night continued my "wreck" of a day (see previous post).  I spent about 3 hours trying to scratch the surface on a Psychology paper that isn't even worth ten percent of my final grade. It should have taken three hours to finish total.

Driven to tears and a searing headache, I finished my preliminary research and closed the computer. I marched myself downstairs. I gathered supplies. I nestled into the corner of the couch and raised my weapon of choice ominously. And with that shiny fork I devoured a piece of chocolate cake. Psychology needs chocolate cake. And for good measure, I chased it down with a buttered piece of bread, and milk.

womenshistory.about.com
Then I went upstairs, put on my silkiest pajamas, and curled into my heated bed. I was frustrated. I was filled with frosting. I knew I'd have to pay for it tomorrow. But man did I look good.   And Marie Antoinette would have been proud.

No comments: